Puck Dieben together with Vij5
“The Dressed Cabinet is a product you will love immediately once you’ve seen it in action! The flexibility it offers and the endless variations that can be made with it, triggered us and makes it a good addition to the Vij5 collection. We contacted Puck and really liked her positive and cheerful attitude, so we started collaborating. Impressed by the high quality level of the prototype Puck made for her graduation, the only thing left to do was make some decisions and arranging production."
- Arjan & Anieke
These ‘Dressed Cabinets’ are inspired by a childhood memory. As a little girl, Puck used to build huts by hanging bed linen on the frame of her bunkbed. Towels became sliding doors and pillowcases served as hanging baskets.
As a designer, she reconsidered the same concept and shows what textiles can do for a simple shelving unit. Owners can dress up their cabinet the way they like by weaving fabric through or around the metal frame. The tension in the fabric, created by the wooden parts, ensures the final form and functionality of the design: open or closed, formal or playful, static or dynamic. Dressed Cabinets invite adults to play with the appearance of their furniture once again.
design by Puck Dieben
in collection since 2017
material powdercoated steel frame, Kvadrat fabric, wooden weights
- Dressed Cabinet - Divide 3; 3 levels & 5 meters of Kvadrat fabric
- Dressed Cabinet - Divide 5; 5 levels & 5 meters of Kvadrat fabric
- Dressed Cabinet - Slide 5; 5 levels & Kvadrat fabric around frame
shelves 87,4 x 40,0 x 3,5 cm
outside dimensions 88,2 x 40,8 cm
height 3 shelves 113,4 cm
height 5 shelves; 186,4 cm
- RAL6004 green-blue & Kvadrat Canvas 984
- RAL7036 platinum-grey & Kvadrat Canvas 716
- RAL9002 grey-white & Kvadrat Canvas 716
- Other colour combinations of RAL + Kvadrat Canvas series possible on request!